MES HISTOIRES PARISIENNES:

I have returned to my blog 2 years later,
because there are too many stories to share...


"
If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man,
then wherever you go for the rest of your life,
it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast
"
-Hemingway



Monday, August 18

Sommieres - Orientation







So I survived my flights through London and Madrid, making it safely to Montpellier!!! Although I had a little scare thinking that I left my passport on the plane in Madrid, I discovered it was in my bookbag after running (fast!) back to the plane before it left again! :) I put my luggage in a locker and spent a few hours walking around Madrid to take pictures and to get out of the airport, which was amazing! The city is beautiful and SO clean!

I arrived in Montpellier at the UNC office and left for our hotel (Le Cote) in Sommeires to have an orientation about our stay in France (mainly curteousies with our host families, alcohol/drugs, cultural differences, and our classes at the university). It was great to relax and get over our jet lag in beautiful Sonnieres - and do a little shopping! The rest of the students are very nice and everyone has a ton of personality! Not much else happened in Sommieres, besides the Jazz players that shared the hotel with us...If I never hear a Frenchman play a Jazz song it will be too soon. Lucky us they practiced all the time AND put on a concert for us!!! Their favorite song to play was definitely "Power of Love" - not necissarily our favorite, but it was fun ;) I'll try to post the video clip somewhere if I can figure out all this new technology that I have to work with...
I love and miss everyone! I'll try to be better about posting things! Have patience :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update...keep them coming!
    luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you are safe and having fun! I'm excited about hearing all your fabulous adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete