MES HISTOIRES PARISIENNES:

I have returned to my blog 2 years later,
because there are too many stories to share...


"
If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man,
then wherever you go for the rest of your life,
it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast
"
-Hemingway



Friday, August 22

Madrid for 11 hours for 11 Euros!!!

I'm backtracking a little, because I didn't mean to skip over Madrid as much as I did...Plus the recent occurance at the Madrid airport made me want to post some of my pictures. It was very easy to get around with the Metro system, so I got to the Plaza del Sol (the center square) in a few minutes for 1 Euro. I had maps galor with hostels and restaurants and metro stops ... (TOP: Carlos III, BELOW: Madrid Bear? kissing a tree)


I walked to the Plaza Mayor (I tried to take more pictures, but it was too dark). The Plaza was was an enclosed square full of cafes around a statue of some Prince. The main building had a crown on top of it (ABOVE - kinda dark). Sparing a few details, I ended up eating Paella at one of the cafes with a guy from Cyprus who works for NATO and was just stationed in Madrid. At 2ish the city was starting to calm down with tourists...only the taxi drivers, police, and cleaners remained. A little after 2 I met some students from Ireland who were staying for a year, and I stayed on their couch for a few hours before my flight. Needless to say, my first night in Europe was full of pleasant surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment