MES HISTOIRES PARISIENNES:

I have returned to my blog 2 years later,
because there are too many stories to share...


"
If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man,
then wherever you go for the rest of your life,
it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast
"
-Hemingway



Wednesday, August 5

Christmas Break - Montpellier

UNC Montpellier Study Abroad group celebrating the Holidays together :)

My ORIGINAL Christmas Break Plan:

Toulouse

Loire Valley

Paris

Chamonix

Italy


Rock-N-Roll Santa from OHIO in Montpellier



















Student Demonstration complete with sit-ins and chants at the mall

I was going to head from Toulouse to Tours, France and bike through the Loire Valley to see all of the Chateaux during Christmas time, but I couldn’t find my passport …SO I had to go back to Montpellier after Toulouse to look for it. After a few days of ripping my room apart, I made an appointment at the US Embassy in Paris to get a new one issued – I NEEDED it to go to Italy with my brothers and David. I hadn’t seen it since I left Cork, Ireland in November…

MONTPELLIER CHRISTMAS TIME

Ariel’s host mother (above with Katrina) took us to the beach for a picnic...






































to La Grande Motte (
above with Ariel), a famous French resort and port, known for its funky architecture...



and to Aigues-Mortes (
above) which is 1 of 3 completely fortified cities and was the only Mediterranean port during the Middle Ages.

Beautiful French Candy store chain in Aigues-Mortes "La Cure Gourmande" = cured from eating a lot! ;)

That week, Clément and I started dating...





















We enjoyed rollerblading around town (under Montpellier's Arc de Triomphe)

But we had to say "Au revoir" since I left for 2 weeks :(






















We all went Ice Skating a lot...



Indoor skating rink with disco lights!
(Becca, me, and Sarah)














Outdoor rink at the Esplanade in the center of town
(me, Rebecca, Ariel, and Chris)


We went out dancing a lot ...



















(above)
Ana Carolina - Brazil, Jennifer - Washington State, me, and Juliana - Brazil









Ariel and me at Macadam pub







Celebrating Rachel's 21st Birthday!

Juliana and I at a house warming party for Asof (English guy)



Hanging out at O'Carolan's (second favorite bar) with Anoop (London) and Tom (Wales)

























Christmas party at the Vert Anglais, our favorite bar!!!



















That week in Montpellier turned out to be one of the most enjoyable, because I got to experience Montpellier during Christmas time without classes!

1 comment: